Fashion,Fashion Style Ttrends, hair Style, Fashion Style, Fashion Style Fashion,Fashion Style Ttrends, hair Style, Fashion Style, Fashion Style 2015

Monday, December 3, 2007

Smoked Salmon Salad With Raspberry Vinaigrette

Living in the state of Washington, along the coast, I have an abundance of choices for seafood and, unforetunately, I do not always cook fresh seafood as often as I would like. Keeping things simple as possible and enjoying the individual flavors of a dish is important. The problem with this last statement is that I also *love* trying new recipes that can be quite complicated at times and I am fine with this because I love a new adventure. Desserts fit into this category along with gumbos, homemade chilis, etc.

I think that mixing fresh fruit with seafood for taste and color is an outstanding color palette for any lunch or dinner table. I thought the combination of raspberries, mandarin oranges and smoked salmon over a bed of tender salad greens with a little raspberry viniagrette drizzled over the top sounded tempting so I gave it a try and now I am making a little more to take with me tomorrow to share with a friend over lunch. =D


Ingredients:

Mixed Salad Greens - your choice
1/3 fresh sliced mushrooms
1 avocado cubed
1/4 c. smoked salmon cut into small chunks
1/2 c. raspberries
1/2 c. drained mandarin oranges

Vinaigrette:
1/4 c. olive oil
2 T. raspberry vinegar
1 T. honey
1 T. water
1/2 t. dried basil leaves
1/8 t. garlic salt
Dash of coarsely ground pepper

Directions:

Mix salad greens with the mushrooms, avocado and smoked salmon chunks. Arrange raspberries and mandarin oranges on salad greens.

Vinaigrette: Combine all ingredients in jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake well. Serve over fresh greens.

Awesome flavor! =D

Smoked Salmon Salad With Raspberry Vinaigrette Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: admin