Fashion,Fashion Style Ttrends, hair Style, Fashion Style, Fashion Style Fashion,Fashion Style Ttrends, hair Style, Fashion Style, Fashion Style 2015

Friday, February 1, 2008

Cold Winter Nights and Hearty, Warm Food

I definitely do not have snow like so many others around but we do have cold temperatures. I am back to working 10 hour days/6 days a week. I am fixing dinners that are one pot dishes after work because my commute is taking 2 hours to get home. This leaves me 3 hours before I have to go to bed and start all over again. I can't believe I just typed before I have to go to bed! This is a self-imposed bedtime but it is funny that when I was growing up, I just knew when I left home I would stay up all night and no one would issue rules. I think I have more self-imposed rules now then what I did when I lived at home. Not a warm, fuzzy thought. =D

Dinner tonight: Skillet Creole Chicken Fricassee (I just love that word "Fricassee". Kind of like a bugs Bunny cartoon word)

Ingredients:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 pounds). halved crosswise
3 t. Creole seasoning
8 ounces andouille sausage, cut into 1/2-inch rounds
3 T. vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
3 celery ribs, sliced thin
1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 c. all-purpose flour
2 cups chicken broth
Directions:
Pat chicken dry with paper towels and sprinkle with 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning. Cook sausage in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer sausage to paper towel line plate, leaving fat in skillet. Cook chicken in sausage fat until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to plate with sausage.
Add oil, onion, celery, and pepper to now empty skillet and cook until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in flour and remaining Creole seasoning and cook until flour begins to brown, about 1 minute.
Slowly stir in broth until smooth. Return chicken and sausage to skillet. Cover and simmer until chicken registers 160 degrees, about 10 minutes.


Cold Winter Nights and Hearty, Warm Food Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: admin