Fashion,Fashion Style Ttrends, hair Style, Fashion Style, Fashion Style Fashion,Fashion Style Ttrends, hair Style, Fashion Style, Fashion Style 2015

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Thank you!


Thank you to all the great Twigs & Honey blog readers and fans out there. I truly appreciate all your support these last 3 years!

I really do love what I do. It is a ton of work and it means the world to me to hear all the sweet comments and read all your wonderful emails. :)

We're continuing to grow and evolve and it's been a great learning experience. We've added a couple production workers and have lots of new endeavors on the horizon.

I have one awkward thing to say in the midst of all this.
As a designer, I think it's common to find that imitation does not feel like flattery. Sometimes it is a few instances and other times, repeated offenses, but it can be frustrating when you feel like you're putting your heart and soul into your brand only to see it continually copied and emulated. Many times, it's minor and no big deal (you have to grow a pretty thick skin), but lately (the last year or two), there has been one other designer that continually replicates not only designs but branding, marketing, descriptors, logos, etc. I've had several other designers/individuals point it out to me so I know I'm not going nutty, but it is definitely disheartening. I think it is one thing to copy someones designs, but it takes it to a whole new level when all the branding is nearly identical. I could point out a plethora of examples, but I don't want to be too obvious. It is actually kind of creepy and makes me uncomfortable - that is, the extent of how far it has gone (common responses from moi - "WTF?" "Really?"). I personally find it very odd to try so hard to be exactly like another company. Why would you want to do that? I really don't know what one could achieve besides short term monetary gain. Ethically & personally - I think it is just wrong and unfruitful. That's just my opinion.

Long story short, the best I can do is always look forward and continue doing what I have been doing. As part of a continual effort toward making Twigs & Honey a unique and innovative brand, I've decided to do some revamping of the branding. I think it's time for a lovely facelift. A huge motivator is the aformentioned offending designer, but another big factor is to keep Twigs & Honey fresh and refined. I can't wait to unveil what we have in the works! Keep checking back for updates. Some new things in the next few months... bigger things over the next year and beyond!

Keep on keeping on! :)

Thank you! Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: admin